Saturday 31 March 2018

Victorian Reliance - March 2018

I joined the Bass Strait cargo ferry Victorian Reliance on Thursday 29th. March at Webb Dock for an overnight crossing to Burnie, Tasmania, performing a compass adjustment in the bay, en route. The ship was very comfortable, it was a smooth crossing and I had a pleasant flight home the next morning.

Victorian Reliance's identical sistership at Burnie. I took this photo during a cruise aboard Aurora in 2015.
Sailing from No. 1 Webb Dock, Melbourne.

(L - R) The ship's 2nd Mate, Chief Officer, Helmsman and the Captain.

Crude oil tanker at Gellibrand.
Approaching the junction at the Port Melbourne channel.

I had this spacious Owner's cabin for my use on board.



Approaching Burnie the next morning.






It's been many years since I've been in a ship's vehicle deck. Waiting for the stern ramp to open so I can get the taxi to the airport.
Back in Melbourne.

1 comment:

  1. Great shots, Tim. Looks like you had a very pleasant jaunt indeed!

    ReplyDelete