Friday 14 September 2012

Compass Adjuster training - 1


To be eligible for a Compass Adjuster's licence, as well as passing the AMSA approved course, an applicant must show proof that he/she has assisted in at least 12 ships' compass adjustments under the instruction of a licensed adjuster.

These are some photos I took during several of those 12 adjustments, under Ken's instruction.

Maersk Toba


The Chief Officer and me.
Other ships in Swanson Dock.

Ken with the Chief Officer.


CSCL Yantai




Preparing the compass.


MSC Carla

Our tugs approaching.
The pilot and very good friend of mine, Captain Charles Griffiths, and Ken.
Charles and the ship's Captain.
Lifting off the berth.
Past the West Gate Bridge.
The ship's hospitable Captain.
Compass adjusted, job completed and we head for Station Pier on a pilot launch while the ship continues on her voyage.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    I enjoyed your blog
    I am having trouble finding a theory course to attend.
    I have a licenced adjuster i can to the 12 adjustments with .
    BUT the actual Theory training i can not find .
    PLEASE if you can help me with this i will be very very grateful

    Regards Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    I have contacted Captain Rod Haig via mobile and left a message. I am yet to receive a response

    Danny

    ReplyDelete